Monday, June 20, 2011

Cafe Spice Express @ Liberty Food Court - 16th and Market St

Cafe Spice 
Indian cuisine is one of those foods that I order by pointing.  "That red one" or "the one with the potatoes" or "to the left of the curry".  Needless to say I know next to nothing about Indian food, however one thing that I do know is that it's usually pretty good.  Having that in mind, today, I decided to try out Cafe Spice, one of the many fast food options at the Liberty Place food court.


1) Tandoori Chicken Platter - $7.95
Includes tandoori chicken, choice of veg to which I pointed to the curry looking one with the potatoes, rice, naan bread, and these 2 side sauces.  The chicken was acceptably moist and well spiced, I wished there was a little more of it since half of one was bone but what I had was good.  The curry with potatoes, cauliflower and onions was enjoyable too and the naan, although a tad chewy(is this normal? I dont know) went well with sopping up the curry.  [6/10]


Everything was turning out to be pretty good until I reached these 2 sides.  One was some kind of jam and the other was...I don't even know how to describe it, I was thinking some kind of pepper puree but it ended up being sweet.  I have no idea what these were for and the unfamiliar flavors were overwhelming so after tasting I put these sides to the side.

Overall LTE score [6/10] To my untrained indian food pallet this was a decent lunch and worth a revisit if only to figure out what the heck are in those sides.

http://www.cafespice.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment