Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Little Thai Market - Reading Terminal Market

Reading Terminal Market is a little far from home base on 20th and Market so it's a spot I rarely get out to for lunch...but owing a friend, who works on 8th and Market, a lunch I decided it would be a good opportunity to try Little Thai Market, a very highly recommended spot.

As appetizing as everything on this menu sounds the Salmon Curry was the one dish I was told I had to get.   I obliged and so did my friend.  

1) Salmon Curry - $6.50
When we opened up our containers we both marveled at how much salmon they managed to jam in there. If I were to go to the store and pick up a salmon filet it would probably be close to the cost of this entire dish so I don't know how they're making money off of this.  Now, this would all be for naught, if it were a lifeless, dried out piece of fish but the salmon was moist and flaky and the Thai red curry sauce was delicious. This meal is one of the best lunches you can get in the city for the price.

Overall LTE score[8.5/10]  Reading Terminal Market during lunch time is like the liquor store right before a major hurricane. Shared painfully with what appears like every other person in the city.  But having said this, I think if there was one thing I would be willing to endure the crowds and also the long trip over for it would be this meal.  It's cheap and its delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment