Thursday, July 28, 2011

Continental Midtown - 18th and Chestnut St

that giant freaking martini olive.

When you walk inside the first thing you'll notice will probably be the swanky chandelier and the diverse array of seating. You have these sunken sofas, bench/booth type seating, regular tables and upstairs, swing seating.

Kind of a fun idea but I think I prefer the stability of eating on chairs attached to the ground.

1) Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - $10
The special of the day, a buffalo chicken sandwich.  I cannot resist the call of the buffalo so I went with this and I'm glad I did.  No skimping on the chicken here, this sandwich was hefty.  Great sandwich and the fries were awesome as well.  [8/10]

2) Big Daddy Mack - $10
Veggie patty, special sauce, lettuce, cheddar cheese, pickles and onions on a seasame seed bun.  Bland and uninteresting.  The veggie patty reminded me of what I used to get in my elementary school cafeteria.  Had kind of that beefy taste but under seasoned with the consistency of processed meat parts.  This is probably healthier but any similarity to a Big Mac, as the name might suggest, is no where to be found. [5/10]

Overall LTE score [6.5/10] Continental Midtown is a nice place to eat lunch. Whether you appreciate the styling or not I guess that depends on how seriously you take things.  I think it's interesting and something to look at while you're waiting for your food(which took almost 20 minutes today). Food is consistenly decent. I'd recommend the fried calamari salad which was not reviewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment